Every seasoned locksmith knows the importance of having the right set of tools and equipment’s ready and available when striving to deliver professional and high class locksmith service to their clients. Most of these locksmith tools are majorly used in situations where a clients require swift and effective solutions to residential, commercial and or automotive lock and key problems. Which may range anywhere from emergency lockouts, car key duplications, prying open a car door, removing a broken door or ignition key, unlocking a jammed mail box, and many more issues that can be resolved.
A competent and reliable locksmith will invest considerable amount of money to purchase the right set of tools and equipment for all the different types of jobs to be carried out for his or her clients. Asides from possessing the needed locksmith skills and being licensed to provide locksmith services to clients. Professional locksmiths use standard tools, including screwdrivers, hammers and other specialized equipments to deliver exceptional locksmith services to their clients. Some of the standard locksmith tools are available on the market include:
- Locksmith tools for Locks and Keying – For any kind of lock repair, installation or rekeying service, wrenches pick sets, pinning kits pins, along with the locks themselves make up the tools to be used for this job. However, the exact kind of tool or equipment to be used will differ based on the wide variety of locks available on the market; as well as the locksmith needs of the client involved.
- Locksmith Key Extractor – Sadly, keys may sometimes break off or become jammed inside home locks and car ignitions. When in such a situation as that occurs, an experienced locksmith will make use of a key extractor tool to get the job done. While extracting a key may sound simple, the fact still remains that only a proficient locksmith technician will be able to perform this service without damaging the locks or any part of your vehicle.
- Lock Picking Tools – Amongst all the tools and equipment’s a locksmiths uses. The lock pick set is perhaps the most common locksmith tool available on the market. The lock picking tools included key turners, lever picks, tension wrenches and manual picks. While each tool in the lock pick set can be considered unique and serves a particular purpose, the key turner is without doubt the most beneficial. The key turner is designed with several prongs or turners and has the ability to match any lock’s turners in order to unlock the lock.
- Lock Installation Template – this is also another common locksmith tool that is specifically for homes and businesses. The lock installation template tool helps with the installation of new locking mechanisms by eliminating guesswork when providing lock installation service to clients.
- Locksmith Bolt Cutter – the Bolt cutter is another common locksmith tool that is mostly used for cutting locks that has been jammed. Bolt cutters will surely come in handy when you need to open a padlock or a chain in order to access your garage doors. Experienced locksmith will always exercise caution when using bolt cutter because they can cause serious damage if used carelessly.